The fully interactive iPad special edition of Pizza Pilgrims: Recipes From the Backstreets of Italy from the stars of the London street food scene, Thom and James Elliot, a.k.a. The Pizza Pilgrims.
As well as all the pictures and authentic Italian recipes from the book being beautifully designed for the iPad, there are loads of cool features to play with:
• Step-by-step demo videos and exclusive photos
• Share recipes with your friends
• Create an ingredients shopping list
• Set a timer
• Add notes to recipes, rate them, and tick off ingredients as you use them
• Follow an interactive map of Thom and James’ journey through Italy meeting food producers, top chefs and passionate local cooks
• Tweet the boys directly through the book
• Find out where the van is on any given day to get your pizza fix
• Get the latest Pizza Pilgrims news and events delivered straight to your book
• See on-the-road videos from the pilgrimage
• Engage with the book to win virtual pizza slices.
The best bit? Once you reach a full virtual pizza, bring your iPad to the van to get a FREE real pizza of your choice rustled up right in front of you.
Works on any iPad from the second generation onwards including Minis.
‘Having been inspired by Street food in my recent BBC TV show, I was thrilled to received a copy of James and Thom Elliot's stunning new book. Pizza Pilgrims is an inspiring read with pictures and recipes that make you just want to eat the page. Huge Congratulations to the boys who followed their dream.’ Lorraine Pascale
‘An exuberant and informative tribute to favourite and lesser known foods from Italy.’ Loyd Grossman
‘A joyful and vibrant book. Made me want to get in the kitchen and start cooking.’ Russell Norman, Polpo
‘The best pizza I have had in Central London’ Olly Thring, Guardian (twitter)
‘The holy grail for the pizza faithful in Soho’s Berwick Street Market’ Evening Standard
‘The Pizza Pilgrims are lunchtime legends’ Time Out
About the author
The Pizza Pilgrims is the new street-food venture from Thom and James Elliott, bringing true Italian pizza back to London. The brothers serve authentic Neapolitan pizzas from the back of a traditional oven installed in their iconic, three-wheeled Piaggio Ape van. In order to learn the secrets of great pizza, and also to collect their beloved van from the southernmost tip of Italy, they set off on a culinary road trip. Driving at a top speed of 40 mph they travelled the length of the country, eating all the way and covering over 2,500 miles back to London. This has allowed them to meet some of the great characters and chefs that make Italian food what it is today, and see exactly what is required of them in their quest to become Masters of The Dough!